We are now commencing preparations for Stage 2 of the Rebuild Project. Other than ‘A’ Block classes and C7, all classes will need to change locations by the end of this term.
The movement process will be scheduled over a number of weeks, and will be finalised by 20 September. Your child’s class teacher will send you a personalised message closer to the time, with all the necessary information.
A quick snapshot of what’s to come;
- Year 5 and Year 6 classes will stay in their current location – ‘A’ Block
- C7 will stay in their current location
- Kindy classes will move to the new purpose built kindergarten building. (Some final landscaping tasks, new furniture and an extension of the bike track will occur in Stage 3)
- Year 1 classes will move to the transportable classes on the oval
- Year 2, Year 2/3 and Year 3 Classes will move to the new general purpose block on the hill. (New furniture will occur in Stage3)
- Year 4 classes will be located in the current specialist rooms attached to the Assembly Area
- A temporary staffroom is now located on the oval for staff and the future office
- Our library service is now closed but the resources have been dispersed across the blocks
Before Term 4
- You will see some additional temporary fencing added to the site
- Additional permanent fencing will also be added
Vacation Period – September 24 – October 11
- The school site will be securely locked down for demolition.
- Demolition will include ‘B’ Block, ‘C’ Block, Library, Staffroom.
- Monday 10 October is a SDD and student do not attend on this day – Staff will be attending meetings offsite on this day, allowing for some extra time for the builders
- The Capital Works Project Team has been asked to provide a plan for traffic management and a communication strategy for changed traffic conditions
- Contact – Wendy.Hamilton@education.wa.edu.au (Senior Project Officer) regarding queries or concerns for the Rebuild Project
- I have applied for 2 additional transportable classes for 2023 to support the delivery of our specialist programs
- An overall decision on the extent of the school fencing is pending
We do plan to provide an opportunity for a coordinated ‘walk-through’ of the Stage 1 completed buildings. Keep a lookout for future Connect updates and newsletter updates.
Hillarys Primary School