We are now a Your Move School!
Your Move is a Department of Transport program that encourages students and their families to get active by walking, scooting and riding to school. These behavioural changes help instil lifelong healthy and positive habits and improve concentration and academic performance for students, while also reducing traffic and improving safety around the school.
Everyone can get involved in Your Move. Do you live too far away? Why not drive to a nearby park or café and then walk the rest of the way? Concerned about safety? Why not join your kids in walking or riding to school once a week? Small changes still make a big difference.
We earn Your Move points by posting stories and photos of our active transport adventures on the website; these can translate into grants to fund active transport facilities and activities for the school and other rewards. If you’re interested in volunteering to be part of our school’s Your Move program, get in touch with the front office staff on 9306 0550 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of ‘Your Move’
Your Move encourages students and their families to get active by walking, scooting and riding to school. Making a small behavioural change a few times a week can result in huge benefits for your child and the community, including:
- Reduced congestion, travel times and parking problems around schools;
- Improved safety for everyone at drop-off and pick-up times;
- Reduced carbon dioxide emissions around the school;
- Lifelong improved health and emotional well-being due to instilling positive exercise habits at a young age;
- Improved concentration and academic performance;
- More sustainable and cost-effective transport outcomes, such as reducing the need for investment in parking that may only be utilised for a short period each day, and reduced road infrastructure maintenance costs.