Due to some works being carried out on Saturday 10th December there can be no access to the school site.
Our new shed for preprimary has started today and will be a great addition to the preprimary outdoor area once it is completed.
Bothe TB1 and TB3 have been completed and our Kindergarten student and year 2 and 3 students are enjoying the new classes. The kindy students are loving the bike track.
The rest of the school has been refenced to section of the area for Stage 2 which commenced over the holidays. This is going to be a long process as there is a lot of work to be carried out prior to the buildings being demolished.
Give your child the opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to helping children succeed in school. As part of this commitment, we coordinate a number of financial scholarships, grants and prizes for young people in secondary school so they can focus on achieving their education goals.
All scholarships are awarded in Term 1 each year with funds fully allocated at that time. Applications for most of our scholarships open in late October each year and close in the second week of December.
For more information on how to apply, please find the information from the below link. Further enquiries can be made through contacting:
T: (08) 9402 6422
Gifted and Talented Secondary Selective Entrance Programs extend and enrich learning and let creative talents flourish. Applications for the 2024 intake are now open.
Discover a world of opportunities in our Gifted and Talented Programs.
Gifted and Talented Secondary Selective Entrance programs provide the opportunity for exceptionally able students to study in learning environments that challenge, inspire and empower them to excel every day.
Students in Gifted and Talented programs learn with-like minded peers, following an enriched curriculum designed for their needs, delivered by teachers with expert skills and knowledge. Access is provided to universities, industry bodies and mentoring programs with opportunities to take part in national and international competitions.
The selection process starts when students are in Year 5, testing in Year 6, with placement starting from Year 7. Limited vacancies may also be available for entry into years 9, 10 and 11 only.
These Gifted and Talented academic, arts and languages programs are available at 24 select public secondary schools including:
- new academic programs at Ellenbrook Secondary College, Harrisdale Senior High School, Albany Senior High School and Alkimos College
- a selective academic school
- a selective arts college
- two regional schools
- an online academic program for country students.
Parent information evenings
The Gifted and Talented Selection Unit (GTSU) are holding a series of parent information evenings for families interested in applying for Years 7, 9, 10 and 11 in 2024. Held throughout October and November 2022 at Gifted and Talented school sites, the presentations will cover programs available and explain the processes of application, testing and offers of placement.
Dear Members of the Community
There will be no access allowed to the Hillarys Primary School oval, play areas or school site from Friday 23rd September until Tuesday 11th October.
The demolition of the stage 2 building will commence and as these buildings are deemed as containing asbestos we cannot have anyone on the school site.
- Demolition will be carried out by qualified contractors during the school holidays, when students and staff are not at school. The community is advised not to use the oval area of the school during this time. Signage will be implemented around the school site during the work.
- The Department of Education publication, Asbestos Management Plan, describes how asbestos containing materials in public schools and Department workplaces are managed.
- Air Monitoring of the school asbestos clearance area will be undertaken and is a process whereby air in and/or around an asbestos work area is monitored to detect the presence of asbestos fibres.
- A Clearance certificate will be issued by a third party upon completion of the work.
This is a certificate issued by an independent licensed assessor or competent person to certify that a clearance inspection of an asbestos work area has been conducted and the area is safe to be occupied.
Once we receive official clearance we will update the website.
We are now commencing preparations for Stage 2 of the Rebuild Project. Other than ‘A’ Block classes and C7, all classes will need to change locations by the end of this term.
The movement process will be scheduled over a number of weeks, and will be finalised by 20 September. Your child’s class teacher will send you a personalised message closer to the time, with all the necessary information.
A quick snapshot of what’s to come;
- Year 5 and Year 6 classes will stay in their current location – ‘A’ Block
- C7 will stay in their current location
- Kindy classes will move to the new purpose built kindergarten building. (Some final landscaping tasks, new furniture and an extension of the bike track will occur in Stage 3)
- Year 1 classes will move to the transportable classes on the oval
- Year 2, Year 2/3 and Year 3 Classes will move to the new general purpose block on the hill. (New furniture will occur in Stage3)
- Year 4 classes will be located in the current specialist rooms attached to the Assembly Area
- A temporary staffroom is now located on the oval for staff and the future office
- Our library service is now closed but the resources have been dispersed across the blocks
Before Term 4
- You will see some additional temporary fencing added to the site
- Additional permanent fencing will also be added
Vacation Period – September 24 – October 11
- The school site will be securely locked down for demolition.
- Demolition will include ‘B’ Block, ‘C’ Block, Library, Staffroom.
- Monday 10 October is a SDD and student do not attend on this day – Staff will be attending meetings offsite on this day, allowing for some extra time for the builders
- The Capital Works Project Team has been asked to provide a plan for traffic management and a communication strategy for changed traffic conditions
- Contact – Wendy.Hamilton@education.wa.edu.au (Senior Project Officer) regarding queries or concerns for the Rebuild Project
- I have applied for 2 additional transportable classes for 2023 to support the delivery of our specialist programs
- An overall decision on the extent of the school fencing is pending
We do plan to provide an opportunity for a coordinated ‘walk-through’ of the Stage 1 completed buildings. Keep a lookout for future Connect updates and newsletter updates.
Hillarys Primary School
The kindergarten block is at lock up stage and the landscaping and brick paving has commenced.
The Year 2/3 block is at plate height now and sits up high on the hill, the year 1 block will be along them. A walkway will connect this block to the Year 4/5 and 6, 2 story building.
The children really enjoyed watching the transportable buildings go into place. A1 even looked at angles and shapes of the crane whilst watching the move.