The School Education Act has a provision for all government schools in the state to request payment of voluntary contributions from parents to a maximum of $60.00 per annum per child. These contributions will be used in the schools to support the cost of providing educational programs which satisfy the requirements of broad based educational programs and rich experiences that support the aims and experiences of the Australian Curriculum. The amount that each school charges is set by the School Council of that school. It has been determined by your School Board that the voluntary contribution for Hillary’s Primary will be $60.00 per student per annum.
Money collected from the voluntary contributions will be used to supplement school expenditure within your child’s learning program. While contributions are voluntary, the quality of teaching and learning programs will be maximised at Hillarys with the allocation of funds from this source being used to supplement State and Federal Government funding to the school.
Other donations or contributions
Hillarys P & C Donation
- $20.00 per child
- P & C Membership – 20c
PEAC (Only for selected students)
- Course contribution $10.00 – $45.00. (depending on the course chosen)
Instrumental Music Students SIM (Year 6 Music Students only)
- Hire & Insurance of Instrument for 12 months $110.00
- (or) Purchase of own instrument
- Purchase of music books – approx. $20.00 (as required by teacher).
The Fees and Charges table identifies the maximum anticipated costs per year level. In many cases the actual costs per year level will be considerably less. These are optional extras. It is not compulsory for students to participate in all these activities however if they do, payment is required. The charges schedule includes costs associated with:
- specific learning activities for all students such as incursions, excursions and recreational activities etc.
- selected year level activities such as camps, options activities and interschool sport
other activities for specific groups of students such as Swim Squad, Dance and Surfing.