Dear Parents/ Guardians
NO ACCESS TO THE SCHOOL SITE, OVAL OR PLAY AREAS ON SATURDAY 18th MARCH 2023
On Saturday there will be some asbestos removal from the building site and we cannot have anyone on the school site from 7.00am Saturday 18th March until 4pm Saturday 18th March 2023 unless you receive further information from the school.
- The health, safety and wellbeing of students and staff are the Department’s highest priority and we are committed to managing any asbestos containing materials found in schools and any other department facilities in such a way as to minimise any risk to students, staff, service providers, volunteers, parents and other visitors to the site.
- Demolition will be carried out by qualified contractors during the school holidays, when students and staff are not at school. The community is advised not to use the oval area of the school during this time. Signage will be implemented around the school site during the work.
- The Department of Education publication, Asbestos Management Plan, describes how asbestos containing materials in public schools and Department workplaces are managed.
- Air Monitoring of the school asbestos clearance area will be undertaken and is a process whereby air in and/or around an asbestos work area is monitored to detect the presence of asbestos fibres.
- A Clearance certificate will be issued by a third party upon completion of the work.
This is a certificate issued by an independent licensed assessor or competent person to certify that a clearance inspection of an asbestos work area has been conducted and the area is safe to be occupied.
- Clearance inspection is an inspection carried out in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations (1996) by a competent person to verify that an asbestos work area is safe to occupy after work involving the disturbance, removal and/or remediation of asbestos has taken place.
Once the school has received the official clearance paperwork, we will advise the school community that the school site is now clear to access.